Friday, August 16, 2013

Dancing with the Universe... to the beat of falling stars...

It has been an unquestionably blissful summer.

The Northwest has been blessed with endlessly perfect weather. Each day the weather summons you to go outside and soak in the beauty that surrounds all who reside in this fine land. The late Fall, Winter and Springs can really get you down with the endless wet and grey. But the Summer is what we PNWers live for. Hard to be unhappy when you're surrounded by mountains, sea and endless lush forests. We islanders get it even better. We've got the lakes, the quiet beaches and though the tourists have bombarded us, it's still a very mellow summer compared to summer in the city.

I've had the great opportunity

My mind has been exploding with thoughts of the Fall and the change that is coming. My nieces and nephew will all be starting school again in just two weeks. The next time I see them they will have learned so much and grown quite a bit, no doubt. My best friend will be a Mom for the first time. Many of my friends will be moving to new states and countries and starting new jobs. I will be working on a new farm and meeting new folks, while learning new things about farming on the East Coast.

Change is one of my favorite things. Even when it makes me initially uneasy, I'm still excited at the prospect of seeing what new and different bring about.


No comments: