Sunday, March 10, 2013

On top of the world!

r.w. street tags around Oakland - found out this artists name is reggie warlock and he's dope!
That would be perfect weather, my friends.
Alley art in San Francisco. Also, truth.
Mark Twain, preaching truth still to this day.
Often I feel like a queen. It's true, I really do. It's as though I can crinkle my nose, make a wish and *poof!* my wish is the universes command. I realize this sounds like I'm tempting fate, but I am not. It is more a commentary on how kind and warm the universe can be. There has been no shortage of adventure for me this last year. I've been wiggling around the country (and a few other countries) to find the kindness of strangers abounds and happiness is plentiful, you've just got to be willing to seek it out.

Though I spend much of my time being a cynic, it's mostly just for fun. The truth is, despite what I was raised to believe- that we are all inherently evil - I've found that to be quite the opposite. Most people are kind and willing to go an extra step if it means making someone else's day better. This has been my experience. I've seen it in all kinds of ways; the numerous folks in Maine who allowed me to camp on their property or sleep on their couch. A kind fellow in Seattle who found my purse and spent two days tracking me down, despite it being almost impossible to find me. A cafe owner who gave me a free sandwich one day during my ride. A fellow who gave me a ride when my tire was flat and I couldn't find my repair kit. The fellows I biked with who took many of my things, without asking, to lighten my load. The many lovely friends who have allowed me to crash in their homes for weeks and some, months, in the course of my travels! These are quite literally just a small fraction of the divine folks who have positively impacted my life in just the last year.

I'm so excited for the many other kind folks whose paths I'll cross in the year to come.

Currently I'm staying with one of those wildly generous friends who has welcomed me into her home and it's been a real good time. I've been exploring the Bay area and have absolutely loved it. Whether it be swimming in the pool on the Coast Guard base, getting hour long massages for $20 in Oakland's Chinatown, exploring the street art in San Francisco, riding my bike through Alameda or simply lounging in the backyard, each day has been most glorious. What's a lady to do, but bask in the sun and the joy of all life has to offer.

Check out some of the nifty things I've seen!

First morning in California, the fog before the sunshine!

And then the sun shone! Yay for California!

Bikes!
My first moments biking across the Golden Gate Bridge.
$20 make you holler. Oakland Chinatown massages.
Fantastic street art in the Mission District in San Francisco.
Incredible street art, despite my blurry camera.
Dinosaurs! Mission District.

No comments: