Friday, May 17, 2013

My Cup... :-)

Last week I flew into Seattle to return home for a very full week. I arrived at the airport to be picked up by my friend Lana, whom I hadn't seen since Italy last Fall. It was wondrous to see her and catch up. First thing the next morning I hopped on a bus to meet my Dad, Mom, Sarah, Ben, Shamarye, Jada, Bella and Luna in a two car caravan headed for Boise.

It felt so good to see my family again. What a welcomed event! It was quite the drive as well. We took a leisurely pace, making it to Boise in about 12 hours. We arrived to see many cousins and aunts and uncles and my granny. It was beyond joyous. A somber reason to gather, but truly the most heart-warming experience I've had in a very, very long time. In total, there were 45 Wiggins spanning five generations that gathered to celebrate the woman we all respect and admire so much: my Aunt Dianne.
While in Boise I got to see my friend, John, that I haven't seen in years. It was fun to have him meet many of my family members and to catch up.

Once back on the island I got to spend more time with my family, we celebrated my Dad's birthday and got to soak each other in. Much peace and much joy. In addition to my lovely family, my friend Calder, who I met on the farm in Texas, came up to the island to spend a couple days with me. I'm so lucky!

Since I was flying out at 6AM, I had to spend the night in the city in order to catch my flight. Up to Seattle Calder and I drove to meet up with about a dozen of my most favorite Seattle folks. I kid you not, they all showed up on the beach to visit me for the few hours I had. Are you kidding me? How lucky could a gal get?

I am currently feeling wildly thankful. Despite any and all shit thrown my way, I am feeling thankfulness pulsating throughout my body. It's caused some schemes to begin brewing in my mind. But as you know, can't be too sure what will happen.

No comments: