Saturday, May 25, 2013

New Life

I see a lot of magnificent things here on the farm. Though I suppose when you're spending at least 8 hours a day outside, that is just what tends to happen. Nature holds a multitude of beauties.

One of my greatest pleasures is watching the cows graze. On the back of the washroom (same building my room is in) there is a small deck. To the left of the deck is the outside area for the chickens, directly ahead is the pond, which is in the cow pasture. The cow pasture is quite large, so the cows aren't always in sight from the deck, but often enough they are, as they do so enjoy cooling off in the pond. I love sitting on that deck when the cows are grazing and bathing, and the chickens are clucking and Dr. Cockles (the wiley rooster) is out, waddling around cockadoddling.

Sometimes the dogs will come back there and will chase the cotton-tailed rabbits around. A battle of speed and so far, the rabbits always win. They are quite speedy and thoughtful when the dogs are in pursuit. These simple things make me so happy. I feel both pleased and at peace.

It being spring there are many little nuggets. On our farm and the farms around ours there are many wobbly baby animals growing quickly! Calves, chicks, baby goats- kids, yes?, baby donkeys, kittens and even little Charlie - Jacob and Sue's baby boy! He was just five weeks when I arrived and he's grown so much in the last few months. I love watching all these little ones grows. Doesn't matter if they're human or animals, when they're babies they're so cute! But like I said, growing so quickly. The chicks that were only about a week old when I arrived are so big now! Soon they'll be laying!

New life is beautiful. It reminds one of all the potential that lays ahead. And all of the innocences that was. I bask in it.





No comments: