Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jesus never smoked cigarettes

“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.” 

Cassie, Crystal and Corey, you are my mad ones. Thank you for spurring on my madness, every day. 

I find Jack Kerouac to be a kindred spirit. Not surprising. His words are like pollen and I a honey bee, buzzing about, drinking up every ounce that I can. Not everyone sees the world the way he did, but his words are my gospel. It eases my mind when I realize I too have nothing to offer except my own confusion

When I’m traveling- as in actually moving- I am listening to music. Depending on what city and my mood, the albums vary. However, the two albums that are on repeat (even at this moment) the majority of the time are Hey Marseilles’ To Travel and Trunks and Alison Krauss & Robert Plant’s Raising Sand. The magnificent strings, coupled with lyrics romanticizing travel and love have me smiling the whole way across this fair country. I don't know what I'd do without my giant headphones and Spotify.

On the way I will go, 
Where the days left to breathe
Are not gone, are still long
I am traveling on… 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

laaady- how are the woods? i can't wait to see beautiful pictures of the coast.